This post is super long with tons of pictures. Erik and I decided in February 2010 to head to Vegas for the 2011 Kobalt Tools 400 NASCAR race. After a year of planning, we finally made it. It was SO much fun. It's the best thing ever (besides marrying Erik). Enjoy!

Welcome to Las Vegas Motor Speedway, Kobalt Tools 400, March 6, 2011.

Coming into pits.

There are so many seats. I have never been in such a big place. It seats 100,000+.

The pace car from last year's race. The had a contest and gave it away. Tried to win it but better luck next time.

The blowers that clean off the track. They are acutally jet engines (really loud and powerful).

Starting positions, Carl Edwards was 3rd and Kyle Busch was 5th.

View of the infield and the Sunoco fuel sign. The lady that gave us a tour later on in the week told us these spots can be reserved for $10,000 for the weekend (if I am remembering right). WOW!

There were so many helicopter flying around all day. People actually paid to fly into the race (what an entrance). This is the medi-vac flying in.

Bringing the cars out to get ready to race.

Very busy pit road before the race.

Tony Stewart, who led 90% of the race.

Montoya and Truex, Jr. coming off pit road. See what AMAZING seats we had!!!

Erik and I after a fun day. Sunburns and all.

This is where the flag person stands. How awesome would that be?
No comments:
Post a Comment